Wilson High School's Female Leadership Academy
FAQ on Michele K's Shred & E-waste Events
1. When is the next Shred/e-waste Event?
Saturday, November 3 from 9 am to noon.
2. Where is the Event?
Woodrow Wilson High School located at 4400 E. 10th Street, Long Beach, CA 90804. Enter parking lot area in front of Blair Field, just off Park Avenue. Or just follow the bright pink signs off 7th Avenue & Park Avenue
(Our Spring 2019 event is being held at Millikan High School. Sign-up for reminder emails below)
4. Who is shredding the papers?
3. How can I be sure my papers are being shredded securely?
You can watch a video monitor showing your papers as they move through the shredder.
4. Is there a fee for this service?
Absolutely not! This is a free shredding event but your generous donations are gladly accepted. The event is hosted and paid for by local Realtor Michele K and sponsored by Wilson's The Female Leadership Academy. The girls do an awesome job organizing and working their only fund-raiser of the year. Your donations allow them to visit college campuses, explore future career paths and provide scholarships.
5. How is it a fundraiser if there is no charge per box for shredding?
We don't require payment but donations are encouraged.
6. What type of papers can I bring?
Anything but newspaper, magazines or cardboard boxes. No X-rays please!
7. Do I have to remove plastic, staples and paper clips?
No. Complete files can be shredded without the removal of clips and binders.
8. Is there a limited on how much paper I can bring?
If you can drive it to the site in a car, we can shred it. If you have a larger job, please call us to arrange off-site pick-up, as the school would receive credit for a portion of your payment.
9. How are the funds used?
We are so happy to have the help and organizational skills of Wilson's Female Leadership Academy. Your donations help fund scholarships and field trips.
10. Will there be a collection of Electronic Waste that day also?
11. What type of e-waste can I bring?
TV's, computers, printers, remotes, monitors, circuit board, electron appliances.
12. Do you accept batteries?
We do! The collection of Batteries is Michele's K personal green contribution and she makes sure they are safely recycled. Please think about making a donation to the Girls in the Female Leadership Academy for this extra special service!
13. Who runs this event?
Local Long Beach Realtor Michele K has been organizing these fundraising events for nearly 10 years. Michele started this win-win program as a service to her clients while being able to raise funds for local schools. Luckily The Female Leadership Academy is happy to help!
15. What if I have more questions?
Contact Michele K at 562-243-2171 or email her at MicheleKSells@gmail.com or fill out the form below.
16. If you are thinking of buying or selling real estate should you give Michele K a call today?
Why yes you definitely should! Call Michele K directly at 562-243-2171. She aims to please so we think you will glad you did :)